How To Complete EMS Refresher Training
Welcome to the (mostly) Online EMS Refresher Training program brought to you by 911Programs Career Training Institute
You may refer to this helpful guide, any time you have questions, or you can reach out to us for assistance at email@example.com or by phone 401-773-7716 during normal school hours: Mon-Fri 9am-3pm.
The refresher requirements will depend on your level of licensure / certification.
Here are some scenarios that may fit your situation:
- You are a licensed EMT whose state license is expiring soon. (You may have concurrent certification with the NREMT that is also expiring).
- You failed the NREMT written exam 3 times and need to take a National Component Refresher to qualify for 3 more written exam chances.
- Your state license or NREMT certification has lapsed and you are within the period allowed to take a refresher (and possibly testing) rather than repeat the course.
You should be aware of the requirements necessary to complete the refresher based on your individual needs. However, If you have questions about the NREMT recertification process, follow this link to the NREMT Recertification Guide: https://content.nremt.org/static/documents/Recertification%20Guide.pdf. You may also access information on the main NREMT Recertification Page https://www.nremt.org/rwd/public/document/recertification
If you are a licensed Rhode Island EMT (current or lapsed) you must complete the NCCP components for your level even if you do not hold current NREMT certification. See the links above which describes the requirements.
- If you are a Basic EMT (or you need the National Component because you failed the NREMT written exam 3 times), you may complete the entire National Component Online. The individual component can be completed completely online with us as well. The state component can be completed online by logging into the RI Center for EMS training site: train.org – additionally you may need to re-certify your BLS (CPR) certification which we can provide.
- If you are an EMT-Cardiac (with or without NREMT AEMT certification), you must complete the National AEMT Component online. You may also complete the individual component online and the state component by logging into train.org (see above). You will need to complete some in-persons skills and you may need to re-certify your ACLS as well (which we can provide).
Our Partners and Affiliates
We partner with trusted industry resources to serve you best. We're an Authorized American Heart Association Training Site, a National HealthCareer Association Official Testing Site, a National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Official Testing Site, and a Pearson Vue Testing Site.